Thursday, June 17, 2010

tinybuddha.com: “No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.”

http://tinybuddha.com/quotes/june-15-2010/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medi...

“No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.” -Buddha

One of the greatest misconceptions in life is that we are somehow powerless to let go of what’s behind us. That we have to carry regret, shame, or disappointment, and that is has to dictate how today will unfold, at least on some level.

It doesn’t. At any moment, you can let go of who you’ve been and decide to be someone new–to do something differently. It won’t always be easy, but it is always a choice you can make.

You can either dwell and stay stuck, or let go and feel free. Give yourself space to fill with good feelings about the beautiful day in front of you–and the beautiful tomorrow you’re now creating.

Photo here

If you need help releasing the past, one of these posts may help you:

Posted via web from ttexed's posterous

1 comment:

  1. You speak truth, Tex, and it's lovely to hear it from you. I think about the person I was all those years ago when I first saw your band at Naomi's, and it's not that I didn't know myself, but was just too limited by imagined obstacles. Nice to grow up and embrace life, and there was a toothsome symmetry about seeing you live in Dallas again last year and feeling like I'm finally where I'm meant to be, in a spiritual sense. I'm glad you're there, too. :)

    ReplyDelete